Friday, December 8, 2006

it's not getting any better

the pain and cramping are worse, and it's been a week. nervously I call planned parenthood, and they tell me I should come in right away. there is no way i can go back there, no way i even want anyone to touch me let alone anyone from there. i just dont feel comfortable with it.

so i take the train back home, and go to the emergency room with my mom and John. Turns out they dont have an Ob Gyn on call so they send me to another one, but this time I dont have to wait to be seen.

I am taken right into a room normally used for delivery. the nurse and doctor are really nice and listen to my story of felling scared to be touched again and that I am literally in so much pain that i cant be touched. they give me some pain medicine and let it kick in before they do the exam. A half hour later the doctor is moving around my angry uterus and poking my cervix and i am screaming and crying in pain.

"It feels alright" she tells me. I am sent home with some pain medicine and orders to check in with my regular OB in a week.

No comments: